Albany Public Library - John J Bach - New Scotland Branch Library
Sano-Rubin was awarded the general construction contract for two new library branches for the Albany Public Library. The new 8,000 sf John J. Bach branch is located in the community centric New Scotland Avenue neighborhood. This library has a series of landscaped spaces, including a” green wall” with plantings, and interior gathering areas to be used for library services by the community. It creates a neighborhood landmark while still respecting the materials and scale of the surrounding buildings.
Just like the Arbor Hill branch, it includes:
- dedicated space for teenagers
- expanded children's collections and programming space
- community meeting room to be used after hours
- small meeting rooms for tutoring and study groups
- public computers for each user population - adults, teens, children
- expanded collections, in all formats
- full handicapped accessibility
- sustainable design and green building principals
The building attained a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) “Silver” rating.
Kevin Hom Architects